I found the server slitaz is not always reachable. Luckily, there are couple mirror servers around the globe. To update the slitaz source, below are the steps:
- Open a terminal program like XTerm or Sakura
- Get the root access, such as sudo or su
- Find an official mirror list in http://www.slitaz.org/en/get/ and run the following command.
tazpkg setup-mirror http://distro.ibiblio.org/slitaz/packages/5.0
* It is suggested using version number (4.0 or 5.0) instead of cooking
- Run package update by tazpkg recharge